Email: Do you think you’re a leader? (US)
Absolutely not! Full stop. Usually a happy follower. Love to be led, if given a choice. However, when needed, try to step up the game, overcome fears. Still learning leadership skills through online videos, practical work experiences, training programs, observations, emulating true leaders.
#1. Elevate relationship building.
- Develop competencies like thoughts processes, open-mindedness.
- Improve communications, clarity in vision.
- Confront inconsistencies.
- Practice accountability, non-judgemental.
- Humbly invite feedback, listen, inspire, stimulate.
- Practice compassion, curiosity.
- Get dirty in trench, out of the box, rise above challenges.
- Intentionally emulate qualities we admire in others.
- Express gratitude each day
- Believe in goals, desires, abilities.
It’s not results or relationships. It’s results through relationships.
#2. Elevate value of others.
“You are more important than me.” Leadership is serving others whole-heartedly. Making others important doesn’t mean we sacrifice our best interests. A beautiful balance of individuality, group dynamics.
#3. Elevate teams or mission’s success over personal success.
Live for something bigger than self. A meaningful purpose, a cause, a legacy. “I have a dream!” Contribute generously, create honestly, act passionately. Leaders succeed when teams succeeds. A true leader builds more leaders, not many followers.
Leadership is a great gift from God.